Saturday, February 21, 2015

Battle of The Bands Results... Just Tryin' To Stay Alive

Turns out that most of you didn't care for Destiny's Child's version of Emotion. I had no idea that the vote would turn out as lopsided as it did. I suspected that there might be some disco haters in there who would vote not so much for Destiny's Child but against The Bee Gees. Nope. Not really. Turns out that The Bee Gees are fairly beloved. Final tally without my vote:

Destiny's Child: 2
Bee Gees: 25

I also preferred The Bee Gees, but at the time I heard the Destiny's Child version it was SO MUCH BETTER than the music that preceded it and what followed it that I thought it was better than it actually was. Does that make any sense? I'm talking about when I heard it first sitting in the game room. Ah well.

Ironically, on my last trip into that same game room, I heard this song. You don't have to tell me I'm a creature of habit. I already know. Anyway, I found it ironic. And I enjoyed the heck out of it.



Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
I'm a woman's man: no time to talk
Music loud and women warm, I've been kicked around
Since I was born
And now it's all right, it's OK
And you may look the other way
We can try to understand
The New York Times' effect on man



14 comments:

  1. >>... Ironically, on my last trip into that same game room, I heard this song.

    Being Carnac The Magnificent, I KNEW you were going to hear that song in the game room soon. And that's why I incorporated the first two lyric lines into my comment when I placed my vote for the Bee Gees.

    I just wish I was Carnac The Magnificent when I go to the horse races or put money in the one-armed bandits.

    Finished the first season of 'Joan Of Arcadia'. Moving on to season 2 now. Still digging it, GIRL WONDER.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered your comment and that was part of what made it all so funny.

      As you move through Season 2, send me an E and tell me what you think. I'm particularly curious on your thoughts on how it ended... but stuff in the middle... yeah, I'm curious about that, too.

      Delete
    2. You know me, GIRL WONDER, I'm always on the cutting edge (of a red, rubber ball).

      We're going to watch one or two episodes of JOA Season 2 tonight. I make my move to Reno in a week and a day, but after I get established I intend to finish up the rest of Season 2. I'll let you know afterwards what I thought. So far though I still think it was an excellent drama.

      How'z things going with... the guy?

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete
    3. I'm so happy your move has come together. Maybe when you have a moment you can send me an E with any details you feel like sharing.

      As for the tree guy... that is who you mean, right?.. I think I'm done with him unless things change. I can/will elaborate in an E (if you're curious), but don't really wan to go into the details here. Shocking... I know.

      Delete
    4. Yes, I was referring to the Tree Monkey.
      GIRL WONDER, I am way behind schedule with packing, etc. But I will reconnect with you via E once I'm established up there. I will have a new Email address, and whatever it turns out to be, I will send it to ya.

      Yak Later...

      ~ D-FensDogg

      Delete
  2. Getting 27 people to vote is quite impressive!
    Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy the Bee Gees did create a landslide. I remember when the other song of their came out and I hated it back then. I thought someone kicked that one guy in the you know where to sing so high. I have a better appreciation for it now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hokey smokes, that was a landslide. Haha, now I'm singing Olivia Newton John's, 'Landslide,' in my head. Must have been triggered by the BeeGees era. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just hard for a Stones guy to get into it. Disco balls were like starting with Elvis and going backwards toward the Big Band Era.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not surprised at this! Yay, BeeGees!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always liked the Bee Gees! Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake used to do the best impression of them on Saturday Night Live!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. And NOW...after all these years, I know the words! This will make my singalongs even more/less tolerable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't say that I'm sorry to hear/see Destiny's Child take a beating on this one, even if the Bee Gees were really not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!