Sunday, February 2, 2014

Love Is In The Air ~ Ben vs. Noel



J.J. Abrams is one of my favorite writer/producers.  Chances are you've seen SOMETHING that he has worked on. The new Star Trek series, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Super 8, and Morning Glory rank among his movie credits. Felicity, Alias, Lost, Fringe, Person of Interest, Alcatraz, and Revolution are just some of the TV shows he has written or produced (or both). So, if I know that he is a part of ANY project I am more inclined to give it a Whirly-Go.

The first TV series to his credit was Felicity. It aired on the WB (now CW) from 1998-2002. It lasted four years because it chronicled four years of college for Felicity and her friends. I really enjoyed this show because it took me right back to the whole Being In College thing. It was interesting for me to watch someone else struggle with the Coming Of Age process. Felicity didn't do everything right. In fact, she made many mistakes. ::Don't we all???::  To make things tougher, she had two love interests. (Okay, I didn't have that problem, but that is part of the joy of this show!!!) Both were great guys in their own way. Each week I found myself changing my mind about who was her Mr. Right. To be fair, Felicity had the same problem.

Below are Felicity's First Kisses. One is with Noel and the other with Ben. I hope you watch and let me know which scene you prefer. It isn't a contest. I'm just curious!!!

**********
I am tagging all of these Love Is In The Air (even though the hop is over) and the following is a list of all the posts with links, so that you can watch any of your favorites that you missed.


Back at the beginning of this thing I asked YOU to share what you think are the most romantic moments on the big and small screen. I posted four of them over the weekend. I will still post them if you share in the comments!

Speaking of comments, some of your comments crack me up! Over the weekend I ran all movies and several of you indicated you'd never seen those TV shows. Hahahaha. I realize I must be more clear about what I am posting, since I am doing both.

************

Once again, these scenes are from J.J. Abrams first TV show, Felicity.

First up, Noel at the Plate:



And now, Ben at the Plate:


So who wins for Best First Kiss???

7 comments:

  1. Sweetie used to watch that show, and I occasionally absorbed a bit of it from being in the room while it was on, but not enough to know the difference. I'm going to go with Noel because I never really warmed up to Ben. He always looked a little too... bitchy face. (I don't mean that to sound harsh. It's an actual thing, albeit there is no PSA for it and so this Youtube video is (mostly?) joking:

    http://youtu.be/3v98CPXNiSk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one was a 'go-for-it' kiss, but crappy way to end it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noel is the clear winner here. Ben's pre-kiss ambiguity killed the moment. This was a great series. I recall a lot of disappointment when it ended.

    Be well, Robin.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Briane P ~ Hahahaha. I preferred Noel over Ben. I remember when I watched it the first (yeah, I've seen this series MORE than once) that I became very upset with Felicity's decision to ultimately choose Ben. I watched the entire series four times in total before I got it. I think the problem lay in the fact that "I" preferred Noel over Ben, but the heart wants what the heart wants. Or who the heart wants. And I think the Noel first kiss wins hands down, too!
    The video was hilarious. Who has classic Bitchy Resting Face? Michelle Obama. She has been caught more times with a sour look on her face... now I know why. Of course, I appreciated the disclaimer... just because you have BRF doesn't mean you aren't actually a bitch. It just could mean that you aren't one. hahahahaha.

    Alex ~ If you are talking about the interrupt by Megan (the roommate), I have to disagree. That was excellent. The information gleaned from Megan's and Felicity's characters in just a few lines... excellent writing.

    Robyn ~ I agree. I was always Team Noel. And, yes, there was a lot of disappointment when it ended. And then Alias began... and it all got better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never watched this show but I have to go with Ben only because he was more open talking about it instead of just pouncing.
    Funny because I have a Person of Interest DVD playing while I'm reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't watch many movies, so I have no opinion. I never saw Felicity, and the videos you posted were not long enough for me to find out what happened. In the Godfather, the first kiss was usually the last.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan ~ It's funny that you say that about Ben because that kiss (Ben & Felicity) always feels like a pounce to me. One second he is one side of the table, the next second he is on HER. Hahahaha. I love of Person Of Interest!

    JJ ~ The first kiss = the last. Oh boy;)

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!