Friday, January 24, 2014

Love Is In The Air ~ Lois Lane, Some Kind of Wonderful


I am still posting Love Is In The Air clips until Valentine's Day. Yep. If you're new to this business, let me tell you how it all started...
 
Charity Bradford, one of the contributors to the blog Unicorn Bell, posted THIS asking for people to contribute their favorite romantic scenes from movies and TV. You simply shouldn't challenge a YouTube junkie to come up with this sort of stuff. I spent the next few HOURS looking for footage. Yes, you read that right. Hours.

I am tagging all of these Love Is In The Air and you can go back to my January 18 post to watch any that you missed.



The first clip is from the now-defunct TV show Smallville. The beauty of this clip is that you can follow along easily even if you didn't watch the show.... unless you are one of the only people who is completely unfamiliar with the story of Superman and Lois Lane. In that case, this will be an eye-opener for you. Let me briefly set the scene. Intrepid reporter Lois Lane is convinced that the guy she is dating, Oliver Queen, is The Green Arrow (he is). She enlists the aid of Jimmy Olsen to help her with the set-up, so that Jimmy can get a photo of Olly as the Green Arrow.  Nothing goes as she planned and what ensues is the "fun" of it. That segues into a scene with Clark, Lois, and Chloe. Chloe is fully aware of all of Clark's superpowers and enormously enjoys how this plays out... as do we.

Take it away Lois and Clark...

I laugh every time I watch that clip! I hope you enjoyed it, too.

Now, this clip is from one of my all-time favorite 80s movies. If you haven't watched Some Kind of Wonderful you are missing out! This is another John Hughes classic.

Roll the footage...


The clip cuts off before "the line" finishes. If you haven't seen the movie, or simply forgot, he says, "You look good wearing my future."

16 comments:

  1. I didn't even know The Green Arrow ever showed up on Smallville. Not Ollie has his own hit show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, love the Smallville scene! It's been forever since I've seen Some Kind of Wonderful. Remember Pretty in Pink too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan ~ The Green Arrow (played by Justin Harley) was a pretty big presence on the show for the last four or five years. I can't remember now which season he arrived.

    Charity ~ I know. It's one of my favorites. Miss that show. ::sigh:: I do remember Pretty In Pink. John Hughes wrote the best movies.

    Alex ~ Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin-

    Are you kidding me? Are you really going to pull out Some Kind Of Wonderful and unleash my inner rom-com-watcher?

    I liked that one best of all the John Hughes' films, mainly for the scene where Eric Stolz argues with John Ashton over the money he spent on the earrings.

    I had a similar argument with my dad, although I spent the money on (surprise) collectible Todd Rundgren albums.

    Hughes was really able to touch on the feeling of being a teen, and I was not so far removed from those years when I saw his films that I did not remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Some Kind of Wonderful. Similar story to Pretty in Pink only told better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Smallville. We only get reruns here so I didn't even know they stopped making it. Bummer. I love the Oreo pic! Yummmm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great clips! We only watched "Smallville" a few times, so I didn't even know Green Lantern ever became a part of the show. As for "Some Kind of Wonderful", that was one of our daughter's favorite movies, and we watched it together many times. Much to my surprise, I really enjoyed it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LC ~ Yep. Consider your inner rom-com watcher released. You will enjoy the next couple of weeks a lot more more now:) Why am I not surprised that you spent your money on Todd Rundgren albums????

    Diane ~ Yeah, I really like it, too.

    Lexa ~ There are ten seasons of the show, so you may still have several to go!

    Susan ~ You must have watched earlier Smallville episodes. Your daughter has excellent taste:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured the TR albums would not be a shocker. A few years later when I saw SKOW, that scene cracked me up-it was as if Hughes had taken the lines from my argument with my dad (I remember screaming "I had every right to spend that money-I earned it!")

      Delete
  9. Hey Robin,

    Ah Smallville. They are still showing it over here in Britain. Of course, it being filmed in and around Vancouver, they did beg me when I was over there to star in the show.

    I know have that song, "Some Kind of Wonderful" ringing in my ears. That's a good thing! Although I didn't actually hear that song in the clip. Nice one, Robin.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not seen any of this stuff. I just don't watch that much TV. Am I missing out?

    ReplyDelete
  11. klahanie ~ Fame is such a bother. I can see why you declined. As for songs that you can't get out of your head.... so sorry to have done that to you!!!

    JJ ~ Smallville was a wonderful show IF you enjoy the creativity of the writers filling in Clark Kent's background before he became Superman. Not everyone goes for that sort of thing. I loved it. I kept thinking to myself, "Oh what a joy it would be to work in that writer's room." The second clip was from a movie and it is one that I loved as a teenager and still love (if not quite in the same way).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Some Kind of Wonderful! So much so that I'm going to watch it tonight. It is like Pretty in Pink but told differently. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne ~ Lucky you. Pretty In Pink and Some Kind of Wonderful were both John Hughes movies.

      Delete
  13. I must have seen the second movie because it was very familiar to me. The first one, I haven't seen, but that's a fun twist on Superman and Lois. The characters look fun.

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!