Thursday, August 1, 2013

HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY

SURPRISE. Drum roll please. It is once again HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY. Yes, you read that correctly.  HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY is back on Thursday.  For those of you unfamiliar with the once again weekly HERE'S TO YOU THURSDAY posts, I bet you're wondering what is going on.   Well, peeps, let me give you the skinny on this event...


This is a weekly event landing typically on Thursdays.  The best (or worst) part is that I am not going to explain why I chose "whatever" footage for each of you. If, you watch your footage and are scratching your head at the end, well that means I didn't do a very good job. However, all is not lost. You can email me at rarichards68@gmail.com and ask me what I was thinking when I chose that particular piece of footage off of youtube and connected it to you. And then I will tell you. Then I will start sending up prayers that I haven't offended the crap out of whoever is on the receiving end of that email....lol. Because, honestly, I will tell you right now... I admire all of you enormously so I really hope that doesn't happen.

Also, this is not an exclusive venture by any means. I hope that you will take the time to watch ALL of the footage because I don't pick bad footage:-) I also hope that you might check out the blog of the person I dedicated the footage to because they are pretty darn awesome. If you haven't figured this out yet... I pick the footage based on something that you've written or something that I've gleaned from your personality. Think on that for a while... If you are having trouble watching the entire video (meaning it is being cut off on one side), click on it a couple of times and it will take you straight over to youtube. If you click on the four squares at the bottom corner of the video, it will enlarge it to fill your screen. The escape key will bring it back to normal size. The back arrow will bring you back to my page.

Now, let's get this PARTY STARTED!!!!

This one is for everyone:


This one is for Susan at I Think; Therefore, I Yam:


This one is for Manzanita at Wanna Buy a Duck:


This one is for Memphis Steve at Steve's Nude Memphis Blog:


This one is for Jasmine at A Yellow Rose of Texas:


This one is for JJ The Disconnected Writer:


This one is for Carol at Under The Tiki Hut:

22 comments:

  1. The one for Carol is like Smokey and the Bandit with all those police behind him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Friday. Time zones!

    Oh my, I have to make note of your choice for Manzanita. I think she's ready for a "Hot town, summer in the city
    Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty..." Then again, I know she's looking forward to cooler weather.

    Darn it! "Shockwave Flash has crashed"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting concept, and you do it weekly? You must know your readers pretty well. What a compliment to your blogging abilities and relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank yew.

    Another good batch. (I wonder what clip should be selected for YOU...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, that's what I'm afraid of. I'm afraid I'll get to the dealership and that lunatic will be there waiting for me, so he can try to give me next to nothing for my nice car and then sell me some crappy newer overpriced car that I don't even want. Yep, I'm keeping the one I have. It's settled. You've help me make up my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do NOT like car salesmen of any ilk!!!

      ~shoes~

      Delete
  6. Perfect. I loved the Texas vid for Susan after her Texas post. And Jasmine, JJ and Carol. That car one is pretty funny. I really liked that old Summertime song. It fits my last post to a T. I can't recall the year exactly but it was a free-spirited time in my life. Oh heck, they were all a little free-spirited. Thanks Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's quite a variety show going on here this week. You never do cease to amaze me with these posts. They are simply awesome!
    The dancing people were absolutely stupendous!
    The Lovin' Spoonful do not fit the picture in my mind of who should be singing that song!
    Because of your video for Memphis Steve, I think I know why the dealer seems so pissed that I am purchasing my lease instead of turning it in. ;)
    JJ's video is so true. I'm happy to say we are on prepaid cell service with no smart phones as we just don't use them hardly at all. I know, most people probably can't imagine... TV is still my backround noise though.
    I have to admit I never would have known about that song/video you picked for me because I try to avoid Chris Brown these days. Having said that, I loved the song and the lyrics and the whole idea behind it. You have no idea just how appropriate it is for me this week. I got news about my sister. I'm not ready to talk about it yet, but I am really OK. Honestly.
    Thank you so much for including me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex ~ Didn't think of it until you said something, but you are right:)

    Gary ~ If your Flash player doesn't improve, I might be posting something from Fight Club for you in the future:)

    farawayeyes ~ I do think that everyone enjoys this weekly event!

    Susan ~ That IS a good question.

    Memphis Steve ~ And that is why I am here;)

    Manzanita ~ This was a good week for you. Glad you enjoyed the selections. Why doesn't it surprise me that you enjoyed every minute???

    Jasmine ~ Yes, the music alone is diverse. That dancing was INSANE, no????
    I would limit this to your car, but it really applies to everything, you do live your life against grain, don't you??? Ha!
    I stumbled into your video by accident. However, as soon as I heard it I knew it was "the one." That is just how these things work.
    Whenever you are ready to share about your sister, you know that someone is ready to listen. XOXOXO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooooo.... are you trying to tell me that I make things difficult for myself?! I don't try to, honest.

      OK, so I also have to admit that I'm not easily dissuaded by a little hard work. It keeps life interesting!

      Delete
    2. No, that is not what I meant at all! Living against the grain is a good thing in my book. Have you heard the song Against The Grain by Garth Brooks? It was the first cut off of his Ropin' The Wind CD. Never was popular but that didn't mean it wasn't awesome!!!

      Delete
    3. Yes, yes actually loved me some early Garth Brooks. I figured you weren't literal there and I wouldn't be offended by the idea that I sometimes don't necessarily do things the easy way. There's fun and lessons in that too!
      It's all good. You know me better than you know...
      Thanks again for the wonderful second round!

      Delete
  9. I always get such a kick out of this! This is a real talent Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another question, lol, I'm full of questions today, lol. Who's the guy talking in Susan's match-up?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never mind my question. I looked it up. :)

    I still don't know him even though he looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so enjoying the dance one for all of us I almost missed 'Too Much Fun!' Thank you!! You're really good at this.

    Of course this weekend it's Saturday night and I'm finally catching up on blogging :)

    Gotta pay for all that fun LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liza ~ Thursdays are my favorite day of the week:)

    mail4rosey ~ It's Taylor Kitsch. He has starred in several movies since Friday Night Lights was cancelled. John Carter. Battleship. Savages. He played Remy LeBeau in X-Men Orgins: Wolverine. You will see more of him this year because he has finished filming on several more films.

    ReplyDelete
  14. AUGH!!

    The Loving Spoonful!!!! What a great band they were!!

    You do know the source of their name, don't you, Robin??

    As for Memphis Steve's car ad, I kept hoping that second fellow would be taken out by a bus or something.

    I really like the one for JJ...

    I still don't understand how you do this so well!

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoes ~ I am not so great on the history of anything not 80s, so I don't know the source of their name, but I am curious. You gonna tell me?

      Sometimes I read a post and something immediately comes to mind. Other times I have to cruise around a bit on YouTube until I find something that clicks for me. I know that doesn't really answer your question, but that is how I do it...

      Delete
  15. You would never catch me on a smart phone, but those footprints in the sand just might be mine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahhaha. That car commercial video was funny. Man boobs.

    ReplyDelete

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!