Saturday, June 26, 2010

JUST LET ME PUT MY EYE BACK IN...

Before I get started with all of the hotties, I have to tell you the oddest thing. When I woke up this morning, or perhaps I should say waking up, I could not figure out where I was. I spent a good fifteen minutes attempting to get my bearings and was not able to figure it out. I looked around my room and nada. I kept thinking I was in Ohio. People, I have not lived in Ohio since I was in high school. And I was really upset about it because I was convinced that so many people that I once knew and loved weren't there anymore. As it turns out, some were and some weren't. But, that isn't the point. When I finally nailed down where I was (fifteen minutes later), I mentally walked the house and the backyard, front yard, etc. I had to establish just what pets we now had. That was a happy/unhappy moment. In my mind, because I was in high school, my beloved Hershey was still alive. Then I realized she wasn't. On the plus side of crazy, my beloved Shelby is still very here. I get that I was stuck somewhere between waking and sleeping; I would wake up just enough to see my room and then go out enough to not have it make sense at all. Is that what Alzheimer's feels like, I wonder? If so, it is awful.

Okay, well I can't stay stuck on that. It made me cry. Again. And that is not a good mix with my migraine.

Turn off your music player, so we can move on to something fun.

To recap: you are looking for patterns within my crushes. You can email them to me at rarichards68@gmail.com when this is over or whenever you feel the urge. I have found 14 thus far and you get a special button if you find one that I missed. I am looking for one word responses (like a**hole), which would not be one of my patterns. Or possibly a phrase (like out of work loser), which is again not a correct answer. When this is all over, I am going to post a complete list with the day that their video is posted. That way you can go over the list as a whole and go back and watch any video on someone that you don't know. Or just read the preface to get a sense of the character. Again this is supposed to be FUN.

1) Ben Covington, played by Scott Speedman, didn't win my heart as easily as he did Felicity's. In fact, I spent a lot of time being torn between him and Noel (Scott Foley). To be fair, Felicity had the same problem. It took me watching that series four times to understand what Felicity saw in Ben and why she chose him over Noel. You must be wondering why we aren't watching a Noel clip right now. Me too. I loved them both. Oh crap. *sigh* It was love...



2) Noel Crane, played by Scott Foley, was my other love on the television show Felicity. He was the RA on Felicity's floor her freshman year and there should have been no fraternization. That didn't work out so well. He was the guy you hoped you'd meet when you go to college... Well, I met several when I went to college; they just all had girlfriends. So, naturally, it was love...



3) Michael Vaughn, played by Michael Vartan, had me from "go." He was Sidney Bristow's handler at the CIA. She was a double agent inside SD6 until they took it down. I like to think that we fell for him together, Sidney and I. At first, it was a lot of stolen glances and brushes of the hand. It was fraught with meaning. He was the only person who knew me. I mean her. Eventually, we started going on missions together and he literally had my back. I mean her. That first kiss was amazing. Unfortunately, that isn't what you're going to see. I am going to show you the subtler side of Vaughn. You will have no doubt that it was love....




4) Tristan, played by Brad Pitt, became "legend" in Legends of the Fall. The best quote came at the end. "Those who loved him most died young. He was a rock they broke themselves against." Of course, what made you love the character was the big love that he had for his family and the people that he loved. His intentions were always good and the results always went to crap, through no fault of his own. He didn't create the war or the need that his younger brother had to fight in it. He didn't cause his brother's death or any of the events that dominoed after. It was heartbreaking, tragic, glorious, epic. It was love...



(As an aside, I am so thankful this movie came out before the soap opera of Brad's life. I wouldn't have been able to watch this movie in quite the same way had I thought about the man the way that I do now. At the time, he was just a guy who had played a supporting role in Thelma and Louise. He was just a guy.)


5) James Barrie, played by Johnny Depp, is another case of a true story come to life in Finding Neverland. James was looking for inspiration and found it in a family whose father had passed, mother was ill, and the young boys were looking for something or someone to give them some faith or hope. It turned out to be a reciprocal arrangement. The youngest boy was Peter, and so came alive the story of Peter Pan and Neverland. But how do you get there? All you have to do is believe.
It was love....




6) Adam Rove, played by Christopher Marquette, on Joan of Arcadia is so real. He wants to be an artist, doesn't know how to handle the relationships in his life, and tries hard to do the right thing. He doesn't always succeed. He calls Joan Jane, which I think is awesome. In this scene he is struggling with how to get out of a situation that he created. He was very angry with Joan (for good reason) and started dating Iris. The anger has worn away and it is love...




7) Aidan Shaw, played by John Corbett, on Sex and the City, stole my heart twice. Check that. He stole it once. He stole Carrie's heart twice. I never would have screwed up with Mr. Big. I posted the first part of this scene once before (the forgive me part) and Chris over at A Deliberate Life posted in the comments "No, he doesn't." I laughed so hard. The thing is that he did. He has this huge heart and he did forgive her. He took her back and she blew it. Granted, he was probably moving that relationship along a bit too fast for her, but if it had been Mr. Big doing the pushing, she would have gone with it. Bottom line was that he wasn't the right guy for her. However, he was totally the right guy for ME. It was love...




8) Robert McCallister, played by Rob Lowe, on Brothers and Sisters is a U.S. Senator. A Republican Senator. The fireworks began when he hired Kitty Walker (Calista Flockhart) to work for him. She is about as liberal as they come. I thought that it might mean a lot of shoe throwing. Instead, it was witty repartee followed by some meeting in the middle. They challenged each other. It was fun, exciting, and it was definitely love...




9) Logan Huntzberger, played by Matt Czuchry, met Rory Gilmore when she went to Yale. The Gilmore Girls got a shot in the arm with his arrival. He was something that all of Rory's previous boyfriends were not: fun, witty, daring, challenging, smart, and loyal. In my opinion, Rory is the one that blew this one. Logan made mistakes, but he was always honest about them. It was love...




10) Sonny Corinthos, played by Maurice Benard, is seriously intense and got a double shot of handsome. General Hospital never intended to keep him on for more than a few episodes, but he impressed them so much that they kept him on. He is now a force on that show. Sonny is one of those characters that it takes years to figure out and you will still get surprises. He had a painful childhood, is loyal to the people he cares about, but still hurts the people he loves most. It was love...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can now add YouTube videos in your comments by copy/pasting the link. AND/OR you can insert an image by surrounding the code with this: [im]code[/im]. In the case of images, make sure that your code is short and simple ending with something like .jpg. If you want to use a pic from someplace like Google Images, click on the image, then click on View Image. That is the code you want!

Dazzle Me!